The National Athletic League (NAL) was created in 2020 as an amalgamation of the mens British Athletics League and UK Women’s Athletic League.
This is a Senior League where U20’s and Masters may compete. U17 athletes that can attain (exceptionally high) defined standards may also compete.
The league is split in to three divisions (Premiership, Championship and Division One).
There are 4 matches in a season.
There are 16 teams in the Premiership, 14 teams in the Championship and 8 teams in Division One.
Teams in the Premiership and Championship compete against each other in a “Round-Robin” style, with the final match being a relegation/promotion match. Teams in Division One contest in four straight matches.
Men’s-100m; 200m; 400m; 800m; 1500m; either 3000m or 5000m*; 110m Hurdles; 400m Hurdles; 3000m Steeplechase; High Jump; Long Jump; Triple Jump; Shot Putt; Pole Vault; Discus Throw; Hammer Throw; Javelin Throw; 4 x 100m Relay; 4 x 400m Relay.
Women’s-100m; 200m; 400m; 800m; 1500m; 3000m or 5000m*; 100m Hurdles; 400m Hurdles; 2000m Steeplechase; High Jump; Long Jump; Triple Jump; Shot Putt; Pole Vault; Discus Throw; Hammer Throw; Javelin Throw; 4 x 100m Relay; 4 x 400m Relay.
*The Operations Officer shall indicate before the start of the season in respect of each match whether there is to be a 3000m or a 5000m event for men and women.
Starting Heights & Triple Jump boards
- Women 1.30m
- Men 1.50m
- Women 2.00m
- Men 2.10m
The minimum board for Triple Jump will be 7m for Women and 9m for Men
Elegibility to compete for our club, as defined by League Rules:
- 4.1 that on the date of the competition the athlete is either:
- 4.1.1. a first claim member of the club he or she is representing or
- 4.1.2. a Higher Competition Member (HCA) of the club he or she is representing and in both cases is eligible to compete for that club under the laws of UKA.
- 4.2 that the athlete has not competed as a first claim member for any other NAL club in the current National Athletic League season.
- 4.3 that the athlete’s registration must be paid up for the current season with the relevant Home Association in accordance with the UKA rules.
- 4.4 Foreign Athletes must be registered with UKA prior to 1st May in the season of competition.