As the numbers of athletes attending the Junior Academy sessions are gradually increasing, Yate & District Athletic Club need to also increase the number of Coaches and Coaching Assistants to meet the demand.
This role is available to anybody aged 16+ and is ideally suited for somebody with an engaging and friendly personality.
Working under the supervision of a qualified coach with athletes from age 6 to 16, you will be given a group with which you will provide fun and technical athletics sessions. This group will be encouraged to try all the various athletic disciplines over time.
In order to comply with English Athletics and insurance regulations, all assistants must have attained the "Coaching Assistant" qualification.
This is a two-day course, without any assessment.
The club will subsidise this course (£185) in the following way:
- The first 18 sessions you attend as a qualified Coaching Assistant and work for the club will be on a voluntary basis.
- All subsequent sessions you will be paid £10 per session.
Other than the Coaching Assistant award itself, no other qualifications are required.
Even previous experience, or specialist knowledge, of all athletic disciplines aren't essential (you will be following a Coaches lead and pick things up in time).
Applicants must be able to work well with groups of individuals of various age/ability and have a strong desire to help people fulfil their potential.
All qualified Assistant coaches and coaches will need to be DBS verified (cost covered by the club).
- Nationally recognised qualification (paid in full by the club)
- A very modest income of £10 per session (after 18 voluntary sessions are complete)
- Working experience for sports coaching/teaching related occupations.
Anybody interested in this role should contact Jeremy Dale