- To throw a competition weight hammer*
- This will be achieved by using a series of progressions
- Each athlete will select a level they feel comfortable with.
PROGRESSIONS (WEIGHT + LENGTH)
|1||Short wire and light weight|
|2||Short wire and competition weight*|
|3||Competition wire and light weight|
|4||Competition wire and competition weight*|
- A short wire will make throwing easier.
- A “Light weight” means a throwing implement that is 1kg, 2kg, 3kg or 4kg lighter than their own competition weight*
|2||Swing + Deliver|
|3||Swing, Turn + Deliver|
|4||Swing, 2 Turns + Deliver|
|5||Swing, 3 Turns + Deliver|
|6||Swing, 4 Turns + Deliver|
|AGE GROUP||MALE WEIGHT||FEMALE WEIGHT|