We welcome everyone to our facilities and encourage everyone to try something new. However, in order to keep everyone safe and the facilities in tip top condition the Club politely request that everybody adheres to some simple Track Etiquette points.
- The athletics facility is available for use by members and authorised group bookings.
- Athletes under the age of 16 are only allowed to use the facility when supervised by a coach or adult (aged 18 or over).
- Only 6mm spikes to be used on running track surfaces.
- Never go onto the track without stopping and looking in both directions!
- Never cut across the central grass area.
- Do not use headphones or mobile phones on the track.
- All sprints, strides and drills to be done in an anti-clockwise direction, except shuttle runs, turnabouts and wind-affected hurdles sessions, under the supervision of a coach.
- Only warm up as directed by your coach and avoid the inside three lanes. Stay off the track until this time.
- Never start a rep or stride around the track if you can see a faster group or athlete coming towards you. Wait until they have passed!
- When you finish a rep or stride don’t just stop on the track as you may be blocking other groups coming up quickly behind you.
- Make yourself aware of what other groups are doing in their session before you start your own.
- Be aware of faster athletes who might approach you from behind. Be prepared to step aside when it is safe to do so.
- Never stand on the track when you are not training, especially near the finish line.
- Return training hurdles to the trolley if you have used them.
- Coaches must ensure that when using the throws cage for Discus and Hammer Throwing, the nets must remain closed and only the throwing athlete is permitted within the enclosed area of the throw.
- At the end of each session, damage to the infield should be made good, as far as possible.
- Coaches must ensure that javelins are not thrown except on explicit instructions. Javelins must not be retrieved until instructed by the coach.
- Check long jump pit for debris before jumping.
- Rake/dig over the sand at the end of each session.
- Brush sand from runway and surrounding areas.
- Make sure the pit is covered and equipment returned to the store after the session.
- No food or hot drinks to be consumed on the running track – please use sports bottles.
- All bags and clothing should be kept on the terrace or inside the clubhouse.
- Please dispose of all litter in the bins provided.
- Spectators must stay outside the running track at all times. Coaches will be pleased to chat to you when the session is over and they are outside the track.
- Yate & District AC reserve the right to ask you to leave the track if you are in breach of the terms and conditions or if you behave in a way that in the view of Yate & District AC is offensive to customers and/or staff or could potentially compromise Health & Safety policies.