Yate and District AC believes that everyone involved in athletics should enjoy their participation and development in safety and security and with protection from abuse, maltreatment or misconduct. Every individual involved in athletics events and programmes is responsible for upholding this belief.
We all have a responsibility to safeguard children and adults who are experiencing, or are at risk of, abuse and neglect. The policies and procedures below outline what child and adult safeguarding is and what to do if you have a concern. Please ensure that you read through the below policies so that you are clear on what to do should you have a concern.
If you have a concern about a child or adult, please contact our Welfare officer – Hannah Jackson – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07415 873 393. If Hannah is not available, please contact a member of our committee.
- Reporting a safeguarding concern (flowchart)
- Clubs safeguarding children policy
- Clubs safeguarding adults policy
If you are unable to contact anyone from Yate AC or feel that your concerns are not being dealt with properly you can contact:
- Jane Fylan – UKA Welfare Officer & EA Lead Welfare Officer – email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Richard Ayling – Club Support Officer for Avon – email@example.com ; 07718 394751
The local authority safeguarding adults team: