Looking for an Open Meeting?
Check out http://www.openmeetings.co.uk for meetings further afield.
Who can compete at an Open Meeting?
Anybody! The only stipulation is you are registered with England Athletics (a member of an affiliated club).
Why compete at an Open Meeting?
- Its a great opportunity to get used to competition.
- You can record an official time/distance/height
- Open Meetings are always very relaxed, so no pressures!
- They are a great opportunity to better your performances.
- Results are published on the http://www.powerof10.info which is UK Athletics’ national record of athletic performances. On it you can see how you rank nationally and regionally in your age group. Our team managers use the “Power of Ten” to aid them in team selection, so getting a result up is quite important to make sure that you’re not overlooked for the league teams.
As a rule U13 athletes and above will need to provide their EA licence number to take part, but U11s should be able to enter with the name of their school (it is worth finding out first to avoid disappointment on the day).