THE SPORTSHALL “HOME PENTATHLON”
In the absence of any ‘proper’ competitions, Yate & District Athletic Club have been scouring the internet looking for ideas from around the country to try and fill the void.
One idea has really stood out, a competition initiative devised by Sportshall… The Home Pentathlon.
There are many reasons we have selected this competition:
- It can be done by anyone!
- It can be done from the safety of your own garden.
- Minimal equipment is required.
- It provides a scoring system, therefore a competition.
- It’s not a gimmick. Some of the events are actually very good tests of power. In fact, they are used by some international athletes.
At the time of writing, we have already had twenty people take part. We would absolutely love to see lots more names on our leaderboard.
Sportshall also have their own leaderboard, so you can see how you measure up against the best in the country. If you think you’re a challenger, you may even want to submit your result!
You can find out all about the competition (rules, demonstration, leaderboard) here : 2020 Sportshall Home Pentathlon
Remember, try and do a warm up first. Also, it’s supposed to be a bit of fun (no need to cheat)!
From our own experiences, we can vouch that this competition provides a great amount of fun when its “kids vs parents”!