Welcome to 2021!
We hope you all managed to enjoy Christmas, albeit a strange one this year?
Because South Gloucestershire has currently remained in Tier 3, we are pleased to be able to let you know that YOSC will be re-opening and we will be recommencing training starting with the Academy on Tuesday 5th January, during the evening (subject to no further announcements between now and then).
However, according to government and Sport England guidance, this will have differing meanings for athletes living within South Gloucestershire, and neighbouring Tier 3 and Tier 4 areas:
- Training sessions are permitted for Adults and children, however
- No athletes resident in Tier 4, regardless of age, are allowed to travel into Tier 3 South Gloucestershire to train
- Athletes aged under 18 from neighbouring Tier 3 areas may travel into Tier 3 South Gloucestershire but athletes aged 18+ should not
- Leaders and/or coaches can travel into or out of Tier areas to deliver athletics or running activity
- No socialising before or after sessions
- Groups larger than 6 are allowed – but adherence to coaching ratios should be maintained
- Spectating is not permitted other than by Parent / Guardian for supervision and safeguarding purposes only
- Further details from England Athletics can be found here, and from the Government, here
All sessions will run as they did prior to Christmas with the same times, groups and coaches. Spaces for the new term need to be booked with Jeremy Dale: email@example.com
Club training will commence again on Tuesday at 7pm. Please continue to pay at the end of the month for sessions attended – coaches will keep a record of attendance. Cost per session is £2 for Yate AC and Westbury members, £3 for everyone else.
Please remember to strictly adhere to all social distancing guidelines when training, remaining 2m apart and keeping your hands sanitised etc. This is for everyone’s safety, not least our hard-working coaches! Do not attend if you, or any members of your household, are experiencing Covid symptoms or are waiting for the results of a test. Please also do not attend if you have been asked to self-isolate by Test and Trace, PHE or by your school.
Individual training outside of club hours
YOSC will also be available again for training outside of club hours from Tuesday. Please pre-book with Jeremy. Cost per session is £3 per hour.
Let us know about your 2020 season
That’s all for now. We do hope you and your families are keeping safe and well, hopefully this new year will provide us with more of a season this year
Yate & District AC Committee