2022 LEAGUE FIXTURES (ADULT)
As we look forward to the summer season, we can announce that dates and venues for both of our major adult leagues are now confirmed.
Unlike last season, we will only be hosting one match per league, so there will be more travel involved.
NATIONAL ATHLETICS LEAGUE
Team Manager, Graham Howell
Having finished 2021 as the (virtual) League Champions, we are very much hoping we can continue where we left off!
- We kick-start our campaign in May, with a 103 mile trip to Milton Keynes
- On a busy weekend in June we travel 115 miles to Portsmouth
- On 2nd July we head 51 miles south to Yeovil
- The final match will be held at Yate on the 20th August
It has been announced that our current League, the “National One” will be removed in the next couple of years. Therefore, if we are to remain a National League club, there is some pressure to attain a promotion within this timescale.
Team Manager, Matt Muggeridge
- We start this campaign in May, with a 36 mile trip to Cheltenham Harriers
- The day after our NAL meeting in Portsmouth we travel 87 miles to Wolverhampton & Bilston
- Our third match is a home one.
- Our final match is on the 13th August, 77 miles away in Solihull & Small Heath
AVON TRACK & FIELD LEAGUE
On top of the two aforementioned leagues, we also provide slightly less formal league action, that will satisfy all levels, in the form of the Avon Track & Field League.
Dates and venues are, as yet, unconfirmed, but the following have been pencilled in:
- 12th June
- 10th July
- 14th August
- 11th September
It is possible for athletes to compete for two clubs in order to experience higher level competition.
Read the information provided here: Change of Club – Athletics & Running (englandathletics.org)
It is important this is done before the end of February.
We would like to take this opportunity to extend a warm invitation to anybody looking for some Higher Claim competition and ask that anybody looking to compete for an ambitious club this year contacts Graham Howell.