- Red rubber has been fully laid and lines have been painted!
- The next stage of works is marking the track (distance markers, hurdle placements, relay changeover boxes etc.)
- There will then will be a short period when we go through any snagging list and the track is officially signed off.
- Whilst the final stage of this important work takes place, half of the car park, the track and infield will be out of bounds, but the rest of YOSC facility will remain open, including the club house!
- The club will be utilising these other YOSC facilities to make sure the days and times of our Club and Academy training sessions remain unchanged.
- Please speak with your Coach to make sure you are aware what the plans are during this time.
It might have taken a while longer than many of us originally hoped, but the end of the athletics track redevelopment is in sight.
When the improvements finally come to an end, hopefully mid-June (if the weather behaves), it will herald the start of a new era for Yate & District Athletic Club.
When complete, Yate Outdoor Sports Complex will provide us, in our own humble opinions, the best athletics facility in the whole of the South West!
Having secured a brand new facility, the next stage for the club is to attract as many athletes as we can accommodate, then, to increase the number of qualified Coaches, so that we may expand the club even further.
If you are interested in trying athletics or if you are interested in becoming a Coach, please get in touch.
Maybe you used to compete for the club years ago? Now is a great time to come back and start again, maybe as a Master (aged 35+) or reinvest your knowledge, by becoming a coach.
We need as many people as possible to spread the word… Yate AC are an ambitious club, with an amazing new facility. Join us at what is one of the most exciting times in our clubs history.